This 3-Ingredient Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Is High In Potassium And Protein!
Chocolate cake is one of the most popular indulgences in the world.
But anyone who’s ever tried to lose weight knows that this treat is full of fat and sugar, making it incredibly hard to resist.If you’re a die-hard chocoholic, this recipe may just be the perfect balance between satisfying your craving and eating healthy.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Bake it in a muffin tin and freeze for portioned-controlled indulging!
3-Ingredient Banana Chocolate Cake
You will need:
- 3 ripe bananas;
- 30g of pure cocoa powder;
- 140g peanut or almond butter.
You’ll have to:
- Preheat your oven to 175°C/355°F.
- Peel the bananas and break them into small pieces.
- Place bananas in a large glass bowl and mash them well using a fork.
- Add nut butter and mix until well combined.
- Sift cocoa powder and add it to the mixture, you can use a hand blender to get a smooth texture.
- Grease a simple square baking pan or muffin tins using coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture into the pan of your choice and bake for 15-25 minutes or until cooked through.
Bananas are full of potassium, which helps actually reduce the risk of stroke. Plus, its high fiber content fight inflammation in your bowels and soaks up bile to eliminate toxic waste from your digestive tract. The fiber also prevents cardiovascular disease by clearing plaque from your arteries.
Cocoa contains flavanols that may reverse memory decline by as much as 20 or even 30 years. It also protects neurons and improves mood. Additionally, cocoa has the ability to prevent and treat allergies, cancers, oxidative stress, inflammatory conditions, anxiety, hyperglycemia, and insulin resistance.
Nuts are full of healthy fats that help you feel full and satisfied to prevent over-indulging. They’re also packed with protein to keep you energized throughout the day. Nuts are so healthy that a Harvard study concluded: “regular nut eaters were less likely to die of cancer or heart disease — in fact, were less likely to die of any cause.”