Homemade Sauerkraut: Powerful Weapon Against Fat, Cancer, Heart Disease And More!
Sour cabbage is also called sauerkraut. There are numerous health benefits of this vegetable, most of which have been proven. Most significantly, it can be useful in preventing heart attack, stroke and cancer. It can also help in improving your digestion.
Benefits Of Vitamin C In Sauerkraut
Sailors of the old days made sure that they always carried sauerkraut with them because of its high vitamin C material. It was an important part of every cruise. It was a reliable prevention against scurvy that has long been known to be caused due to deficiency of the vitamin.
Sauerkraut Is A Probiotic
Sauerkraut gets its probiotic advantages due to the process of souring. Natural fermentation of these veggies helps in providing good bacteria to your digestive system. It is constantly advised to take it after you have taken antibiotics. This will help in restoring the healthy bacteria in the intestinal tracts.
Protection Against Cancer
Sour cabbage is one the best foods that can help you prevent the advancement of cancer. This is because of three components:
- Isothiocyanate– The vegetable is abundant in isothiocyanate, which is known for its powerful anti-cancer powers.
- Glucosinolate– This substance in sauerkraut helps in triggering the natural antioxidant enzymes in your body.
- Flavonoids– The vegetable also includes flavonoids that help in protecting your arteries against damages or from narrowing down.
Healthier And Stronger Heart
Sauerkraut is packed with fibers, which help in improving food digestion. This further helps in improving the health of brain and heart. Other health benefits of the fiber consist of:
- Controlling bad (LDL) cholesterol levels
- Lowering risk of heart attack or stroke
- Lowering likeliness of arteriosclerosis
Sauerkraut For Stronger Bones
The veggie is also rich in minerals which are useful for your bones. They help in preventing the advancement of osteoporosis. The vitamin K material helps in keeping your bones healthy. This vitamin works by regulating the production of proteins. These proteins are needed for maintaining mineralization in the bones.
So be sure to include sauerkraut in your regular diet!