Castor oil contains proteins, minerals, vitamin E, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is made of triglyceride of fatty acids (90% of which are consisted of ricinoleic acid). The amazing healing properties are thanks to its unique structure. Ricinoleic acid is proved as one of the best protectors from viruses, yeasts, molds and bacteria.
In the past the castor oil has been used as an oral laxative. But today the castor oil is advised and usually used as a topical remedy. It is affordable and efficient remedy for many diseases and it is used for various practical applications. In Russia the textile industry uses the stalks of this plant.The plant’s name is Ricinus communis and is originated from India. This plant has strong health benefits, but you should know that it is considered as the world’s most toxic plant. However, the castor oil is toxic-free, so you shouldn’t worry at all. The toxic stays in the pulp of the seeds while the castor oil is extracted from the plant.
There are many beneficial characteristics of castor oil.
- Assists your intestinal system while suffering dysentery and inflammation of the bowels.
- Menstrual disarrays. Castor oil eases the muscles included in the menstrual writhing.
- It is useful for athletes
- Skin issues
- Regrows and condenses hair. This oil is full with omega 9 fatty acids that are helpful for supporting the follicles and hair. It gets inside the pores and follicles that are producing the hair. Apply few drops of castor oil onto your hair and massage gently.
- Betters Lymphatic Flow. Dr. David Williams states that: “There is no drug on the planet that can improve the lymphatic flow like a topical application of Castor oil could.”
- Castor oil is made of ricinoleic acid which has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It is helpful for diminishing bloating and inflammation of ankles and tissues.
- Yeast infections. Ricinoleic acid included in Castor oil can disable the expansion of bacteria, virus and yeast.
- Dandruff and Hair. Because of its germicidal, fungicidal and insecticidal characteristics, Castor oil is an efficient remedy for dandruff and assists in keeping the scalp safe from fungal and microbial infections.
- Castor oil has anti-inflammatory characteristics which provide proper bowel movement.
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Because of the ricinoleic acid in Castor oil, it is helpful against many skin issues.
Castor Oil Uses
For some skin issues you should only rub Castor oil on the affected area. It is helpful against fungal infections, ringworm, dislocations and warts, bacterial infections, keratosis, bursitis, scratching and sebaceous cysts.Preparing Castor oil packs is a great way for using Castor oil. They are useful against different diseases like, irritable bowel syndrome, kidney stones, ovarian cysts, fibroids, menstrual writhing, bloated ankles and digestive disarrays. Macerate a cotton ball wrinkled in few layers in oil and put it on your skin. Castor oil packs are normally used for ankles and muscles. Put a hot water bottle across the pack for better effect. Leave it to work for at least one hour. Iterating this process three times a week will be enough.