Save Money and Time By Using ThisTrick To Make Garlic and Onion Last for Months
Garlic and onion are some of the most used products around the world. Many people often tend to buy them in bulk to avoid going to market again and again. A big problem is vegetable when bought in bulk catch bacteria and start to rot. In this article you will read how to keep garlic and onion fresh for months.
Things you will need:
- Fresh Garlic and Onion,
- Brown paper bags,
- Paper clips,
- A hole punch.
In order to prepare this trick you will need:
Punch the upper half of the paper bags randomly. Punch the holes spaced an inch or so from each other. You can punch in any way and sequence you like. These holes are for ventilation. Fill the bags with garlic or onion up to half full. Fold the top and label it. Paper clip the bag and you can store in the same place as before. Make sure that the bags have sufficient space between them for air circulation.
The lifetime of garlic and onion will be significantly increased with this method of storage. However, do keep in mind that their life also depends on other factors such as temperature and humidity in the area of storage etc.
In addition to keep more months you have to use this tips:
- For best results store in cool, dry and dark areas.
- Basements can be good places for storage.
- You can use plastic bins to keep the bags, the bins with holes in them will ensure air circulation.
- Don’t store onions in refrigerators as it will make them soft and they will impart their flavor on other products.
- Never use plastic bags. No air circulation makes the onions go bad quickly also makes the onions sprout fast.
- Do not keep potatoes and onions close to each other. They accelerate the spoilage of each other.