We all are familiar with the bad effects from consuming fast food. They create an unhealthy lifestyle and bad habits. One of the main results of these habits is obesity which isn’t just being fat but it is unhealthy fat. Other ailments come about as a result of obesity such as liver problems, hypertension, and heart problems and so on and so forth. Of course the psychological effects are many too such as stress, depression, low self-esteem, being under confident, body image issues etc.
Here we seek the help of the world’s oldest and natural medicine known as Ayurveda which is system of preventive medicine health care that is developed in India more than 5000 years ago . The word comes from two Sanskrit root words : Ayus meaning life and veda meaning knowledge or science. In this article are described the ways in which this can help you and your loved ones achieve weight loss.
Ayurvedic Dosha Types and Weight Loss
Following are the three doshas (one of three bodily humors that make up one’s constitution) as stated by Ayurvedic philosophy –
Kapha humans are the ones having more of water and earth in their constitution and they are the ones that easily gain weight. They have slower metabolisms. Vata humans having air and ether in their constitution are the ones that are skinnier and they have less fat in their bodies. Pitta humans are the balances ones and they have proportional body weight.As per Ayurveda, Kaphadosha (the principle that holds the cells together and forms the muscle, fat, bone, and sinew) gets gathered in the body which slows down the metabolism and ultimately results in obesity. People having more Kapadosha in their system gain weight more easily. The Kapadosha type person has to give utmost importance to their diet and also be physically more active so as to be able to take care of their bodies better.
Weight Loss tips
- The mind and body both work very well when Ayurveda is followed. To bring down the Medhadhatu (body weight) it is very important to exercise daily. Both exercises are important of the mind and the body. If both are achieve the body is said to be in perfect harmony.
- Pranayama (a deep breathing exercise) can be followed to speed up the process of weight loss. Yoga is also a very useful to achieve weight loss as it is a very gentle form of exercise and very effective.
- Avoid sleep in the daytime as it is counterproductive for weight loss.
- Dry massages and enemas are very helpful for weight loss according to Ayurveda.
- Udvartana is a weight loss dry massage technique which is highly talked about by Ayurveda. This is a very effective solution for obesity. The dry massage improves blood circulation and digestion by flushing out fat and toxins from the body. A good by product of this practice is better skin tone.
- A healthy tonic of lukewarm water, lemon juice and half teaspoon honey can also be taken on an empty stomach to step up weight loss.
Ayurvedic weight loss program with Yoga is the most successful as the excessive eating desires are contained. This is because healthy foodstuffs are highly encouraged to eat. When it will be a habit, your body will start showing the positive effects and you will lose weight. Yoga is big part of Indian culture and is believed to be the birth place of yoga. The benefits of yoga are being enjoyed all over the world today. Yoga asanas and pranayama are effective techniques for weight loss. Also the deep breathing techniques like Bastrika pranayama and kapalbhati pranayama are very effective for weight loss.